I love Food. I love fudge. I love peanut butter. I love easy recipes. This fudge literally only took 5 minutes to whip up. You should make it. Really. Go to your kitchen and throw this together, now. You won’t regret it.
JavaCupcake’s Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudge
Makes approx 64, 1 inch, pieces
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: Approx 15 minutes
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup (or 1/4 of a bag as someone suggested) semi-sweet chocolate chips
8×8 inch pan
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper to fit inside the pan & hang over the edges. Set one aside. Lay the other parchment paper on a flat surface and run a stick of butter over it until it’s got an even coat. Push the buttered paper, butter side up, into the 8×8 pan.
- In a large bowl, sift the powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and peanut butter. (In my microwave, I melted on high for 1 minute, then stirred until all the chunks were gone. Your microwave may take less or more time.)
- Add the vanilla to the butter and stir.
- Pour the butter into the powdered sugar. With a wooden spoon, mix together until no more powdered sugar can be seen. About 30 strokes.
- Put the fudge into the lined pan. Lay the reserved parchment paper on top and use your hands and fingers to press the fudge into the corners, evenly distributing.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the fudge. Press down gently with the parchment paper into the fudge.
- Leave the fudge covered and place into the refrigerator to cool (about 10 minutes).
- Using the overhanging parchment paper, pull the fudge out onto a cutting board. Cut into cubes and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
UPDATE: My Twitter and Facebook friend, Michelle, ran to her kitchen after I posted this recipe today and whipped up her own version of this fudge! She told me she made a 1/2 batch of the peanut butter fudge, then melted a chocolate bar, spread it over the fudge and topped with crushed peanuts! These look SO GOOD! Thanks Michelle!