White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies | JavaCupcake.com

In need of an inexpensive, fun, delicious treat for Valentine’s Day?  Make these white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies… they will make your sweetheart want to kiss you!

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies | JavaCupcake.com

This year I’ve decided that I wanted to create simple treats for Valentine’s Day.  I didn’t want to make anything too super elaborate, yet I wanted to show how easy it is to make delicious, fun treats without a lot of money, effort or skill.

These white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies accomplish just that!  With just a few ingredients, these cookies are incredibly easy to make!  You cookies don’t have to look like mine either… just use whatever Valentine sprinkles you already have in your pantry! You could even use milk or dark chocolate instead of white chocolate if you preferred!

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies | JavaCupcake.com

I also found out something great about these cookies!  Matty loves them.  Yup, my toddler can’t get enough of the fortune cookies!  We don’t eat out Asian food that often and I don’t think I’ve ever bought them… so when we were given them at a restaurant in Berlin over Christmas, I was surprised to see how much Matty loved them.  He probably would have eaten 10 of them if I let him.  He loves them that much!

When I made these fortune cookie today, he ate two… okay, he had three.  And he loved every moment!

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies | JavaCupcake.com

For Valentine’s Day, I’m going to package these white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies in cellophane bags, tie them with curling ribbon and attach a love-themed fortune to them.  They should be pretty cute.  If I’m on top of things, I’ll take pictures and put together a tutorial for you.

But that’s only if I’m on top of things.  Haha

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies | JavaCupcake.com

Have you started thinking about Valentine’s Day yet?

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies

White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen decorated cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients

• 36 fortune cookies
  • 1 bag white chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
  • Assorted Valentine sprinkles
  • Pink gel food coloring
  • Wilton piping tip #4 (or very small round)
  • Disposable piping bag
  • Wax paper

Instructions

1. Set out a large piece of wax paper on your counter.
  2. In a microwave safe glass bowl, melt the white chocolate. TIP: Microwave chocolate for 1 minute at 70% heat, stir and repeat. Then switch to microwaving for 30 seconds at 70% heat, stir and repeat until smooth.
  3. Dip 1/3-1/2 of one fortune cookie into the melted white chocolate. With the cookie in one hand, use the other hand to tap the cookie holding hand gently... this will help the extra chocolate drip off the cookie without breaking the cookie.
  4. Once the extra chocolate has fallen off, sprinkle the chocolate with Valentine sprinkles. Set on the wax paper until the chocolate has hardened. Repeat this with 2 dozen fortune cookies. NOTE: You may need to reheat the chocolate if it has become too firm to dip in.
  5. With the last dozen cookies, dunk each in chocolate then set aside to dry.
  6. Once the last dozen has hardened, reheat the remaining chocolate until smooth. Add pink gel coloring to the chocolate and mix until uniform in color.
  7. Spoon the melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag fitted with the very small round tip.
  8. Pipe mini hearts onto the white chocolate and allow to harden.
  9. Once all the chocolate has hardened, the fortune cookies are ready to eat!
  10. Store them in an air tight container or package them as gifts!

21 comments

1. Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor

So cute! What a perfect Valentine’s Day treat. Pinned!

2. Paula - bell'alimento

Super cute! They’d be great to pop in the kid lunchbox on Valentine’s Day : )

3. Amy @Very Culinary

I absolutely love these! This would be a great little surprise in my kids’ lunch boxes next week <3

4. Lisa @ Wine & Glue

For some reason, I absolutely love fortune cookies for Valentine’s Day! I made them with personal fortunes for my husband one year, and now they have a very romantic feel to me. I love these! So much prettier than what I made!! Pinning!

1. Betsy Eves

I thought about sliding out the fortunes that came with them and making my own… buuuuutt, that was too much work for this blogger! HAHA 😉 It is a great idea though, Lisa!

5. Cate O'Malley

Made a New Year’s Eve version a few years ago with sparkles on them. Love this V Day version!

6. Heather @ Sugar Dish Me

These are just so pretty! Love your simple Valentine’s approach to treats! These would be so cute for the classroom!

1. Betsy Eves

Thanks Heather. Sometimes, I just don’t have time for 10 layer cakes or elaborate cupcakes or even chocolate chip cookies. Simple, yet still super cute and fun was my goal for this year!

7. FoodFotoGallery

Gorgeous – Would love to share with all my foodie friends – If you’re interested then head over to FoodFotoGallery dot com and submit one of your food photos (without watermarks, please).

8. Heather

How far in advance can I make them? Do they store well?

1. Betsy Eves

I made mine a week ago and they’re still good. They’re currently in an air tight container in the baking cabinet waiting until Valentine’s Day!! 🙂

9. Carrie @ Chockababy

These look so fun! I am obsessed with fortune cookies! I just might eat all of these myself…

10. Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama

Oh, this is such a cute and clever idea for Valentine’s Day! 🙂 And easy too. Pinned!
    Visiting from the SITS Comment Love Tribe this week.

11. Cathi (@simplycathi)

Oh my goodness! These fortune cookies are absolutely darling!! Great idea!!

12. myrealfoodfamily

What a great idea! These would be perfect to send to my daughter in college!

13. A Southern Gypsy

Yum! I love white chocolate and fortune cookies! #SITS

14. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty

These look yummy AND easy – which is a big requirement for me to bake anything, lol! #SITSblogging

1. Betsy Eves

Great thing about these though… NO baking required!