In need of an inexpensive, fun, delicious treat for Valentine’s Day? Make these white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies… they will make your sweetheart want to kiss you!
This year I’ve decided that I wanted to create simple treats for Valentine’s Day. I didn’t want to make anything too super elaborate, yet I wanted to show how easy it is to make delicious, fun treats without a lot of money, effort or skill.
These white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies accomplish just that! With just a few ingredients, these cookies are incredibly easy to make! You cookies don’t have to look like mine either… just use whatever Valentine sprinkles you already have in your pantry! You could even use milk or dark chocolate instead of white chocolate if you preferred!
I also found out something great about these cookies! Matty loves them. Yup, my toddler can’t get enough of the fortune cookies! We don’t eat out Asian food that often and I don’t think I’ve ever bought them… so when we were given them at a restaurant in Berlin over Christmas, I was surprised to see how much Matty loved them. He probably would have eaten 10 of them if I let him. He loves them that much!
When I made these fortune cookie today, he ate two… okay, he had three. And he loved every moment!
For Valentine’s Day, I’m going to package these white chocolate dipped valentine fortune cookies in cellophane bags, tie them with curling ribbon and attach a love-themed fortune to them. They should be pretty cute. If I’m on top of things, I’ll take pictures and put together a tutorial for you.
But that’s only if I’m on top of things. Haha
Have you started thinking about Valentine’s Day yet?
- 36 fortune cookies
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
- Assorted Valentine sprinkles
- Pink gel food coloring
- Wilton piping tip #4 (or very small round)
- Disposable piping bag
- Wax paper
- Set out a large piece of wax paper on your counter.
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, melt the white chocolate. TIP: Microwave chocolate for 1 minute at 70% heat, stir and repeat. Then switch to microwaving for 30 seconds at 70% heat, stir and repeat until smooth.
- Dip 1/3-1/2 of one fortune cookie into the melted white chocolate. With the cookie in one hand, use the other hand to tap the cookie holding hand gently... this will help the extra chocolate drip off the cookie without breaking the cookie.
- Once the extra chocolate has fallen off, sprinkle the chocolate with Valentine sprinkles. Set on the wax paper until the chocolate has hardened. Repeat this with 2 dozen fortune cookies. NOTE: You may need to reheat the chocolate if it has become too firm to dip in.
- With the last dozen cookies, dunk each in chocolate then set aside to dry.
- Once the last dozen has hardened, reheat the remaining chocolate until smooth. Add pink gel coloring to the chocolate and mix until uniform in color.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag fitted with the very small round tip.
- Pipe mini hearts onto the white chocolate and allow to harden.
- Once all the chocolate has hardened, the fortune cookies are ready to eat!
- Store them in an air tight container or package them as gifts!