I haven’t perfected the chocolate chip cookie yet. Every time I made them I just can’t seem to get the perfect consistency of crunchy edges and chewy centers. I’ve tried the recipe on the back of the Nestle package, I’ve tried Betty Crocker’s recipes, and I’ve tried countless recipes from dozens of bloggers! NONE were perfect.
Until now. Sally’s Baking Addiction. Seriously. THE BEST recipe for the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie base. You could use this recipe and add almost anything to it… and it’d be AMAZING.
Today, I added Valentine M&Ms. Chewy in the center, crunchy on the edges. FULL of chocolate. I’m certain that I will eat at least a dozen of these by the time the weekend is over.
Oh… and my baby boy who is almost 11 months old, well he had his VERY FIRST homemade chocolate chip cookie today! And guess what? He hate EVERY CRUMB! I think he liked it!
I hope you do too!
The perfect cookie - crunchy on the edges and chewy in the center!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, measure after sifting
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag Valentine M&M chocolate candies
- Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure everything has been incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Add the M&M candies and fold in with a spatula.
- Chill for several hours in the refrigerator or for 1-2 hours in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 1in balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- While baking, keep dough in the freezer to stay cold.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for 3-5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week... if they last that long.
Allow cookie sheets to cool completely before adding more dough balls to bake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g