Every Sunday, I sit down with my husband and we plan out the weeks meals and we’ve got a calendar for the fridge to help us keep track of it all. At the same time, we also make the grocery list to take to the market later that same day. As I was looking at this weeks menu, I noticed a particular number of super delicious meals on the menu and a thought occurred to me.
Would my readers be interested in more than just desserts?
So… I asked you. And 99% of you answered… YES! I post pictures of what I’m making for dinner anyways, why not take pictures and share the recipes too! So here my friends… is my first dinner post.
Salsa Roast Burritos. It’s one of our family favorites and the two best things about it… 1) It’s SO SIMPLE to make and 2) It lasts for TWO nights of dinner and maybe even a lunch or two for the husband! You can do so many things with this roast once it’s cooked… but our most favorite thing is to make burritos with it!
You only need two ingredients for this roast too. Chuck Roast and Pace Chunky Salsa. What you put in your burrito… well, that’s up to you! I like it basic… meat, cheese, salsa, tomatoes and lettuce. My hubby likes it with all those things plus sour cream and jalapenos.
And the BEST part about this recipe – it’s enough to feed my family of 4 for TWO nights plus lunch leftovers! Serve it with my fabulous refried beans and you’ve got an amazing meal!
Shredded beef, full of flavor - perfect for burritos or tacos!
- 2-3lb Chuck Roast
- 3-4 cups Pace Chunky Salsa (Medium)
- Various toppings:
- -Mexican cheese
- -shredded lettuce
- -diced or sliced tomato
- -sliced jalapenos
- -refried beans
- -sour cream
- Turn your crock pot to high.
- Place chuck roast in the crock pot and cover with 3-4 cups of the salsa. Make sure the top of the roast is completely covered in salsa.
- Put the cover on the crockpot and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Reduce to low and cook 4-5 more hours (or until you're ready to eat).
- Remove roast and place on a cutting board. Using a fork, shred meat and place into a large bowl.
- Ladle some of the juice from the crock pot onto the roast to keep it moist. How much you use is up to how juicy you want your meat.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave until soft.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of meat across the tortilla.
- Add cheese, lettuce and any other desired topping.
- Roll tortilla over toppings and eat!
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g