Spread the love this Valentine’s Day with these simple, delicious chocolate dipped treats for your family and friends!
There’s nothing I love more than a hot cup of coffee mid-morning. I have a routine everyday… wake up, eat breakfast (cereal with berries – every morning!), play with Matty, get some work done and then mid-way through the morning I treat myself to coffee!
Not just any coffee though. My cup is always full of a chocolate flavored or pumpkin spice or something delicious topped off with whatever seasonal creamer is in stock at the commissary. And my coffee is always served in a Starbucks mug. ALWAYS. It’s one of my most favorite times of the day… coffee time.
About two weeks ago, my friend Margot dropped off a bag full of chocolate goodies to go along with my morning coffee. She had included a few chocolate dipped cookies and a few lollipop style chocolates on sticks. I think it only took me two cups of coffee to enjoy it all. But, her treats gave me the idea to recreate them as gifts for Emily’s teachers for Valentine’s Day!
I had already made the White Chocolate Dipped Valentine Fortune Cookies for her teachers. But now they could have a few days worth of goodies to go with their morning coffee at school with these Chocolate Dipped Spoons and Cookies! Perfect!
You could really make these in so many different ways. Any type of cookie or biscuit could be used. Any kind of chocolate could be used! I chose the Biscoff cookies because they go so wonderfully well with coffee and dipped them in a dark chocolate. My favorite dark chocolate is one that is 60-70% cocoa. Not too bitter, but still smooth and oh so chocolaty!
The spoons I dipped are just from the grocery store, but you could easily used colored spoons or even order cute wooden spoons! Instead of pink and red sprinkles, green could be used for St. Patrick’s Day or brown for Thanksgiving. The possibilities are really endless!
So, get creative and start dipping things in chocolate! Valentine’s Day treats don’t have to be difficult… just delicious and fun!
- 12 Plastic spoons
- 24 Biscoff cookies
- 12-15oz high quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% cocoa chocolate)
- Valentine nonpareils and heart shaped sprinkles
- Valentine M&M candies
- Wax paper
- Double boiler
- Lay out a piece of wax paper on your counter.
- Chop chocolate into very small chunks and place in a double boiler.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip the spoons into the chocolate making sure that the spoon cavity is full of chocolate. Holding the spoon horizontally flat, tap any excess chocolate off. Lay the spoon on the wax paper. NOTE: If the chocolate spills out, prop the end of the handle up with an Oreo or other cookie (or whatever you have) so that the chocolate stays in the spoon cavity.
- Immediately place a M&M candy and heart shaped sprinkles into the chocolate. Optionally, sprinkle with the Valentine nonpareils.
- Dip the Biscoff cookies into the chocolate until 1/2-2/3 of the cookie is covered.
- Tap the wrist of the hand holding the cookie so that the excess chocolate dripped off the cookies. Gently scrape the bottom of the cookie on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Place dipped cookie onto the wax paper and sprinkle with Valentine nonpareils.
- Allow spoons and cookies to dry completely before packaging - about 3-4 hours.