So, I know this has NOTHING to do with baking or cupcakes… BUT… I got a new crock pot for my birthday (Thanks Mom & Dad) and needed to make something fabulous in it!! I’ve been working on eating healthy lately so I thought a good chicken noodle soup would be perfect!
And let me tell you… this soup was soooo yummy! Even better the second day after it had a chance to soak up all the juices and flavors!
- 1 large can (oz) condensed chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 medium celery stalks, sliced or chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 medium carrots, sliced or chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- dash garlic powder
- 1 heaping cup of whole wheat pasta shells (or any shape you like)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan, brown ½ the chopped onion. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- While that is browning, cube chicken into 1 in squares.
- Add chicken to the onion and cook until there is no more pink in the chicken and it is lightly browned.
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, water, cooked chicken, tomatoes, onion, celery, basil, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- After the 5-7 hours, cook the pasta in boiling salted water as directed on the package. Drain.
- Add the pasta and frozen vegetables to the slow cooker. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for an additional 30 minutes.