<p> </p><center><!– bob’s red mill: Back to School Oats / Clever Girls Snippet –></center><p> </p><p class=;”>
Back to school season is in full swing and I know Mom’s everywhere are stressing out about what to feed the kids for breakfast! My recipe for homemade peanut butter and jelly granola made with Bob’s Red Mill oats is perfect for those busy school day mornings!
When we lived in Germany, granola and yogurt was our go to staple breakfast because a good muesli was easy to come across in Europe. The muesli typically contained oats as well as other mix ins like nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, seeds and almost anything else you could think of.
My personal favorite was the muesli that had berries and chocolate in it, so when Bob’s Red Mill asked if I’d like to come up with a back to school breakfast idea, I knew I wanted to try to recreate my beloved muesli from Germany.
Since I’m actually allergic to nuts, I wanted to make this granola with peanut butter (not actually a nut) to bind it all together. I used cinnamon peanut butter & honey for sweetness to bind the granola together.
To continue with the pb&j theme, I added dried blueberries & strawberries for added sweetness and flavor. Finally, honey roasted peanuts and chocolate chips for crunch.
The main star of this granola is Bob’s Red Mill oats! I used both rolled oats and steel cut oats because oats are an incredibly versatile whole grain.
The difference between rolled and steel cut oats is in the processing. Rolled oats are rolled flat to produce those flakes you know and love. Steel cut oats are chopped into several pieces for a chewier oatmeal.
For back to school breakfast, it’s easy for my kids to put together their own parfait featuring this delicious peanut butter and jelly granola!
In a mason jar, they’ll spoon in Greek yogurt and give it a drizzle with honey. Next, they’ll spoon on the homemade granola then top it all off with fresh berries and more honey!
Sometimes, we even throw a lid on the jar if we’re in a rush so the kids can eat it on the way to school.
This recipe makes about 6 cups of granola which in my house lasts about 2 weeks. You can easily substitute any nuts, fruit or other mix ins to make it your own. Simply follow the basic ratios for the wet and dry ingredients and have fun!
Get a coupon for Bob’s Red Mill products here!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill rolled oats
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup cinnamon peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dehydrated strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, melt together the peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and blueberries,
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together until completely coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto the prepared sheet until it's about 1/2 in flat.
- Bake for 10 minutes then gently toss the granola. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until it's light and golden brown. BE CAREFUL the granola will burn quickly.
- Allow to cool completely then toss in the chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Store is a container with a lid.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.