These Easy 4th of July Cupcakes are not only delicious, but they are simple to put together and will help you celebrate our nation’s independence with style!
I believe that a cupcake isn’t just a personal size portion of cake with some frosting smeared on top. I believe that an individual cupcake should be as beautiful on its own as an entire cake is.
To achieve this, I start thinking about the cupcake from bottom to top. First, I plan which grease proof liners from Sweets & Treats Boutique will best fit the theme. For these 4th of July cupcakes, I decided the only way to go was with red and blue liners.
To compliment the liners and to keep the patriotic theme going, I baked blue and red velvet cake in their coordinating liners.
I topped each cupcake with crisp, white whipped cream buttercream and a combination of red, white and blue sprinkles and jimmies. To complete the cupcake, each cupcake is topped with a red, white or blue patriotic M&M.
Pure patriotic perfection.
I wish you all a happy & safe 4th of July!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix + ingredients on the box
- 1 box blue velvet cake mix + ingredients on the box
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 lbs powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- red & blue liners from Sweets & Treats Boutique
- red, white, and blue sugar crystals and/or jimmies
- 1 bag of patriotic M&M candies
- Prepare the cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Bake the red in the red liners and the blue in the blue liners.
- Whip the butter, sugar, vanilla and half the cream together until smooth.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and whip again.
- Add the remaining heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency. You may not need all of the cream if you want it thicker or add more if you want it softer.
- Add the salt.
- Whip for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- Using a Wilton 1M (medium open star tip), pipe swirls of frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Top immediately with red, white and blue sprinkles/jimmies.
- Top each cupcake with one patriotic M&M candy.