Minecraft Sword Pull-Apart Cupcake Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup shortening I used Crisco
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- gel food coloring
- 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- In your stand mixer, whip together the butter and shortening until combined.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the heavy cream. Whip until smooth.
- If the frosting is too thick, add 1 Tbsp more cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Whip on high for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reserve half the frosting for the brown and set aside.
- Add a SMALL amount of blue gel coloring to the remaining white and whip until combined.
- Decorating the 6 light blue cupcakes.
- Add more gel coloring until you get a deep dark turquoise blue and whip until combined. Let the color sit in the frosting for 5-10 minutes before piping, it will turn deep and dark in color.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder to the reserved frosting and whip until combined.
- If the frosting is too stiff, add a small splash of heavy cream to slightly loosen.
- Allow the frosting to set for 5 minutes to deepen in color.