Minecraft Sword Pull-Apart Cupcake Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup shortening I used Crisco
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- gel food coloring
- 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- In your stand mixer, whip together the butter and shortening until combined.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the heavy cream. Whip until smooth.
- If the frosting is too thick, add 1 Tbsp more cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Whip on high for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reserve half the frosting for the brown and set aside.
- Add a SMALL amount of blue gel coloring to the remaining white and whip until combined.
- Decorating the 6 light blue cupcakes.
- Add more gel coloring until you get a deep dark turquoise blue and whip until combined. Let the color sit in the frosting for 5-10 minutes before piping, it will turn deep and dark in color.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder to the reserved frosting and whip until combined.
- If the frosting is too stiff, add a small splash of heavy cream to slightly loosen.
- Allow the frosting to set for 5 minutes to deepen in color.
Tuesday 4th of April 2023
What size board does this fit?
Friday 15th of January 2021
Great recipe - a hit every time. Took on the tips to add the egg white and yolk separately, also to turn midway through cooking...which made the cupcakes way fluffier!
Sunday 20th of December 2020
So lovely and very easy to make! Thank you for sharing!
Wednesday 7th of October 2020
OMIGOD this looks amazing! Wow, you are super talented, I suck at anything like this – I’m still going to give it a go though, but I doubt it will be half as cool haha! H x
Thursday 10th of September 2020
This look so cute! AMAZING. I like it. Can't wait try it! Thanks for sharing!