Horray! It’s almost time for Spring and I am so super excited for the sunshine and warmer weather! Springtime also means PEEPS bunnies and chicks and lots of delicious, fun recipes to make and eat! So when Christi of Love from the Oven and Michelle from Sugar Swings! Serve Some asked me to participate in the Spring Hop Along PEEPS Party, I jumped on the chance!
I mean seriously – look at all the bloggers participating in this… I am a HUGE fan of EVERY SINGLE ONE of them! Make sure you take the time to click over to their blogs and check out all the fun food and crafts they’ve made… all featuring PEEPS!
Oh… and guess what? There’s a PEEPS prize pack giveaway in this party too!! See below for all the details and to enter to WIN!
What I’ve made for this party are Spring PEEPS Truffles… but not just any truffles. I made Amaretto Truffles dressed them up super cute for Spring by rolling them in fun sprinkles and jimmies and topped them with a rainbow assortment of PEEPS bunnies!
A friend of mine said it looked like these bunnies were pooping truffles… hehe What do you think?
I think these cute little bunnies would look perfect on display at your Easter party! You wouldn’t even have to put a PEEP on every single one… maybe just a couple sitting on top of a few truffles on your display. SO CUTE!
Spring PEEPS Truffles
- 250g Lindt Excellence 50% chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (I used 32%)
- 3 Tbsp flavoring (I used Disaronno - but you could use any liquor or flavoring you wanted)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Sprinkles/Jimmies - pastel colors, Spring/Easter assortments
- Sanding sugar
- Sugar pearls
- 24 PEEPS bunnies
- Spring colored mini cupcake liners
Supplies for Rolling Truffles
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Melon baller
- small bowls
- small plates
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a medium glass bowl.
- Put the cream, butter and amaretto (or other flavoring) in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Stirring often, heat cream until it just beings to bubble. Remove immediately and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Let the chocolate and cream sit, untouched, for 1 minute.
- Stir gently until smooth being careful not to create any air bubbles.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare all your supplies before you begin rolling truffles... Line baking sheet with wax paper. Place sprinkles, cocoa, sugar in small bowls and lay out forks & melon baller.
- Scoop 3/4in-1in balls of chocolate using the melon baller. Gently and quickly roll the chocolate in your hand until a ball forms. The chocolate will begin to melt by the heat of your hands, so work quickly. Place each ball 1in apart and in rows on your prepared baking sheet. Chill in the freezer for 5-10 minutes after all the balls are rolled. While they are chilling, prepare small plates by covering them with wax paper. Prepare one plate for each variation of coatings.
- Using a spoon or fork, lift one rolled ball at a time off the tray. Drop it into your desired coating and roll around until completely covered. Place coated truffle onto prepared plate. NOTE: Keep like truffles together... you don't want them to touch and get contaminate each other!
- Place each truffle in a mini cupcake liner.
- When ready to serve and display, press a toothpick into the bottom of a PEEPS bunny and place it into the top of the truffle.
- Store in a container with a lid in your freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve. Best served cold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Ready for more fabulous PEEPS recipes and ideas?
- PEEPS bunnies in Chocolate Easter Eggs from The Decorated Cookie
- PEEPS cupcakes from Hoosier Homemade
- Spring PEEPS Truffles from Java Cupcake
- Pavlova Peeps Nests from Crazy for Crust
- PEEPS S’mores from The Southern Institute
- Giant PEEPS Cereal Treat from Dollhouse Bake Shoppe
- PEEPS Candy Bars from The Domestic Rebel
- Rice Krispies PEEPS from Creative Food
- Easter Cake with White Chocolate PEEPS from Bird on a Cake
- Hula Bunny PEEPS from Sugar Swings! Serve Some
- Peeping Peeps from Miss Candiquik
- Bird House S’mores on a Stick From Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons
- Layered S’mores Brownies with PEEPS from Shugary Sweets
- PEEPS Brownie Pops from Munchkin Munchies
- Easter PEEPS in their Finest from Pint Sized Baker
- Peeps Get Married from Haniela’s
- Peek A Boo PEEPS Cookies from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Spring Hop Along PEEPS Party from Love From the Oven
- PEEPS Eclair Cake Cups from Inside BruCrew Life
- Raiding the Carrot Patch – Peeps Pudding from Hungry Happenings
- Very Vanilla PEEPS Cake from Pink Little Cake
- Peeps Centerpiece Cookies from The Baked Equation
- PEEPS Magician Hat from Not Your Momma’s Cookie
NOTE: Since I’m 6-9 hours ahead of everyone else… other bloggers may not have their posts live on their blog yet. Be patient and check back often! :)
It’s time to WIN some PEEPS!?!? Check out this awesome prize pack and use the entry form below for your chance to win it!
Open to US Residents Only (APO addresses accepted).
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter, please remember it can be slow to load. Good luck!
Thursday 15th of December 2016
Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to get latest updates, thus where can i do it please help out.
Friday 16th of December 2016
There is a sign up form on the main page. It's in the right sidebar about half way down the page. :)
Sunday 11th of May 2014
Adore the actual truffles, specifically the actual range peeps! This kind of amazing add-on for the Peeps get together! So delighted most of us reached team up. thx
Friday 22nd of March 2013
These Peeps truffles look so good ! The colors make want Spring to come soon ! Why is it still so cold in Germany :(
Wednesday 20th of March 2013
I have such a weakness for "bad" holiday candy. I have ALWAYS loved peeps!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life
Wednesday 20th of March 2013
What an absolutely adorable truffle topper!!! I bet those tasted down right delicious!!!