If you love Oreos, then you will LOVE these cupcakes. With an Oreo baked into the bottom of each cupcake, Oreo cookies folded into the cake batter as well as the buttercream and an Oreo on top… these cupcakes are sure to satisfy any Oreo craving!
I used my favorite vanilla cake batter for the base of the cupcake then just added Oreos until I couldn’t see straight!
I brought about 50 of these Death by Oreo cupcakes to my husband’s work softball game and BBQ and they were gone within 10 minutes. Actually, I think it was closer to 5 minutes. People were taking them by the hand fulls. I think when a soldier sees an Oreo, it’s like a switch in his head goes off and he becomes a glutton!
- 2 packages Oreo cookies
- Vanilla cupcake batter using THIS recipe, doubled.
- NOTE: You can use regular cream/milk, sugar and vanilla extract for this recipe. Don't worry about having to use all the fancy Madagascar vanilla bean stuff.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 sleeve of Oreo cookies
- 1 bag of Mini Oreo cookies - for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners and place a whole Oreo at the bottom of each liner.
- Prepare the vanilla cupcake batter as described in the directions above.
- Crush into chunks about 25 Oreo cookies. Fold this into the batter.
- Scoop batter into cups at least 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream butter until smooth using an electric stand mixer.
- Add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. If it becomes too difficult to make smooth, add a Tbsp of cream at a time to loosen it up.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt.
- Add more cream until you get a smooth or spreadable consistency. Beat on high for about 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor, blend the remaining whole Oreo cookies until no chunks remain. Add this to the buttercream and mix until combined.
- Top each cupcake with frosting and garnish with a Mini Oreo.