Four friends, four babies, four weeks.
Needless to say, it’s been a crazy few months for all of us. So now that our babies are all 2 months old, we decided it was time to get together so they could play and we could drink coffee and chat.
This morning, two of my friends and their babies came over to play!
Of course, I needed to bake something delicious for us to enjoy during our Coffee & Babies Play Date… so I whipped up these muffins.
I’ve already eaten three of them… cause yeah, they’re that good.
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas (4-5 small bananas - I like chunks of bananas, so I don't over-mash mine)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (not frozen)
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw or Turbinado sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cupcake/muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, buttermilk, peanut butter and melted butter.
- Add the eggs and sugars to the wet mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and fold together with a spatula until just combined or until only a few flour lumps are visible.
- Add the raspberries and gently fold into the batter. NOTE: Do Not over mix! You don't want to break up the raspberries or work the flour too much.
- Gently scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin filling no more than 3/4 full. Top each muffin with the coarse sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before running a butter knife along the edges of the pan and inverting the bread onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe inspired by: Joy the Baker