This post is sponsored by Hebrew National® via Mode Media.
As we say hello to fall it’s hard to put the grill away and say goodbye to summer. My Roasted Carrots with Garlic Browned Butter pair perfectly with Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks making this meal the perfect marriage of summer and fall.
My kids love Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks and we’ve been enjoying them all summer long. With fall knocking at our door, I am getting so excited for roasting vegetables and enjoying the fresh flavors of the colder season. As the farmers markets are winding down to a close, the deals get better and better. Just last weekend, I was able to score these fresh picked purple, yellow and orange carrots at the Weiden Farmers Market for only €2!
Seriously, how gorgeous are these carrots? I knew I needed to include these in dinner for my family this weekend and decided to dress them up a bit with a garlic infused browned butter drizzle.
If you’ve never made browned butter you really need to try it. It’s so simple to make and it smells amazing while it’s cooking. Browned butter has a nutty aroma unlike any other and is so heavenly. I’ve used brown butter in cookies, cakes and on bread, it’s really quite versatile.
After the carrots roasted in the oven, I drizzled the garlic browned butter over the top of them. Since the carrots are baked with oil on them, not much butter is needed but it definitely adds a richness to the carrots that’s unparalleled.
I also cut up sweet potatoes into bite size chunks and tossed them in the same oil and spices I used for the carrots. Combining both vegetables on the same roasting pan made these side dishes easy to prepare.
So come fall when your kids are begging you for grilled hot dogs, pull out a package of Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks for the grill then roast carrots and sweet potatoes and you’ll have the best of both worlds!
- 24 carrots with the stalks on them
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- oil based cooking spray
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray baking sheet with an oil spray or coat with oil.
- Cut the stalks off the carrots leaving 2 inches of the stem. Cut the larger, thicker carrots in half long ways to ensure even roasting.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into large chunks
- Lay the carrots and sweet potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet then drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Generously salt and pepper the carrots & potatoes then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. There is no right or wrong amount to season the vegetables. If you don't have Italian seasoning, use dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley or any other dried green herb you have in your pantry. Toss the vegetables to coat them on all sides in the oil and seasoning. Arrange the carrots & potatoes so they are flat on the pan so none are overlapping completely.
- Roast on the middle rack for 35-50 minutes or until tender. Flip the carrots & potatoes over after about 25 minutes. If you like a darker roast on your veggies, bump the heat up at the end to 425F for another 5-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the garlic browned butter. Remove the skins from the garlic cloves and press with the back of your knife onto the cutting board until the cloves have smashed. You want to smash the cloves so that the oils release from the cloves. Give the smashed cloves a rough dice.
- About 10 minutes before the vegetables are done roasting prepare the garlic browned butter. In a small pan over medium-high heat, add the garlic and butter. Melt the butter in the garlic stirring gently until all the butter is melted. At this point, let the butter bubble without stirring for a few minutes until it becomes nutty in smell and it turns an amber color. NOTE: This browning of the butter happens quickly and you'll need to watch it carefully. Remove the browned butter from the heat as soon as it browns to prevent it from burning.
- Strain the garlic from the butter and allow it to cool slightly. Pour the garlic browned butter over the plated roasted carrots just before serving.
What makes a Hebrew National® kosher hot dog premium? It’s all about what makes the cut (And what doesn’t). We’re choosy about what goes into our franks – we use only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef from the front half of the cow and then choose the best from that. No artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products. When your hot dog is Kosher, that’s a hot dog you can trust! For more summer fun with Hebrew National®, visit facebook.com/hebrewnational.