Just in time for Fall, these Maple Walnut Cookies are a scrumptious treat paired perfectly with a big glass of milk. Good luck eating just one!
Today’s guest post comes from a fellow Army Wife and blogger, Alaina of Fabtastic Eats. Not only does Alaina juggle her husband, kids, and blogging… she’s about to join the ranks of Army Wife! The hardest, most fulfilling job around! Make sure you check out all the links at the bottom of this post and visit Fabtastic Eats for some super delicious recipes!
Here are a few of my favorites…
Hello! I’m Alaina. I’m a mom to two sweet little boys and I blog at Fabtastic Eats! My husband, kiddos, and I are in the process of a move into the Army. We’ve been living in New England, and are currently packing to be stationed out in Washington State. I couldn’t be happier to be here today, helping out another military wife!
It’s all about sticking together, and helping each other through the hard times, and I am so glad I can help Betsy out in just the smallest bit. The spouses and children of soldiers are just as big a part of the military as the soldier themselves. Huge hugs to Betsy and her kids, and a thank you to the sacrifice they’re making as well as her husband.
Can you believe Fall is already here, I mean, maybe not technically, but with all the pumpkin & apple recipes popping up everywhere, it certainly feels like it! I’m happy to say, I am finally on board and ready to let go of Summer. Bring on the cozy sweaters and comforting foods!
Maple Walnut has always been one of my most beloved combinations. Anytime I splurge at Dunkins, I almost always get a maple walnut doughnut (even its a fake flavored glaze, I absolutely love it! ;) ) I love Maple so, so much. Maple Syrup Sunday here in Maine, is one of the most heavenly days of the year, I’m talking Maple Syrup Cotton Candy, Maple Syrup Butter, Maple Syrup Ice Cream..the list goes on, and you leave with a sugar high. Totes worth it!
These Maple Walnut Cookies are absolutely no exception to my maple love. These are spectacular. I made sure to have LOTS of friends and family sample these, and they are a winner. The general consensus was “wow, these are amaaaazing!” They taste like Fall, and they will make your house smell like it too!
They’re soft and chewy, have so much maple flavor and the maple glaze is just the cherry on top! The walnuts add a nice crunch, and the cinnamon takes it over the top! I promise you, these cookies will not disappoint!
Perfectly spiced Maple Walnut Cookies, will make you taste and smell Fall all day long!
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the Maple Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides, add the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Scrape sides and add the maple syrup and maple extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost incorporated.
- Add the chopped walnuts and using a spoon stir them into the cookie dough.
- Drop the dough in 2 inch balls, 2 inches apart on the lined pans, the dough will be sticky, but slightly flatten the dough balls.
- Pop them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and maple syrup. Add the additional tablespoon of water only if you need to thin it out slightly. You don't want it watery though, or it wont stick to the cookies!
- Once the cookies are completely cooled through, drizzle the glaze over them. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g