There are only a few weekends left before my soldier deploys, so I want to make each one special. This morning I whipped up a batch of Fresh Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins for our family to enjoy. Food is an important part of any weekend celebration, and these muffins will be a delicious addition to our time together.
Raspberries are my favorite fruit…. EVER. White chocolate is my husbands favorite chocolate… EVER. Put them together… a match made in muffin heaven!
I can’t take credit for this recipe though, it originally comes from Sally’s Baking Addiction. If you haven’t read Sally’s blog… you totally need to. She’s got some of the most beautiful food I’ve ever seen. Sally’s recipe uses dark-chocolate chips and sanding sugar on top… Mine have white chocolate and sugar in the raw. (Oh… and I totally forgot to add the vanilla to mine. WHOOPS!)
Either way… you can’t lose with this recipe. It makes the PERFECT muffin!
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, gently packed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 230g fresh raspberries (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- Sugar in the Raw
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. GENEROUSLY spray entire muffin/cupcake pan (in the cups and on top) with non-stick spray. You could also use cupcake liners, but I'd suggest still spraying the top of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the sugars and whisk for about 2 minutes or until pale yellow, creamy and smooth.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry while slowly whisking. Whisk until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no more pockets of flour remain.
- Add the chocolate chips and fresh raspberries and GENTLY FOLD them into the batter. Be careful not to break up the raspberries!
- Fill each hole in the muffin pan to the top with batter. Sprinkle the tops generously with Sugar in the Raw.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F degrees. Reduce heat to 375 F degrees and bake an additional 12-14 minutes our until tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. NOTE: I ran a knife along the edges of the muffins before removing to help ease them out of the pan.
- Eat immediately. Don' store them... just EAT THEM! YUM!
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g