I’ve had 5 super duper ripe bananas sitting on my counter for the last week just waiting for me to have time to use them in bread. It’s finally Saturday and I have a few minutes to whip up a batch.
I wanted an easy recipe, one that didn’t require a mixer to cream butter and sugar, and one that would really bring out the banana flavor in the bread. Sometimes banana bread tastes more like cinnamon and spices than it does banana. I think I really got what I wanted from this recipe!
This bread is super duper dense. If you like a really moist bread, you’ll like this!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 medium overripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs, applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Fold together.
- Add the milk and whisk about 10 strokes or until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan and place in the center of your oven. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 95
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g