My senior year of high school I lived in Monterey and worked a little restaurant on the wharf, Cafe Fina… not only do they have amazing pizza and pasta they also have delicioso dessert…
Their creme brulee and tiramisu made bussing tables all summer worth it, sorta ;) lol… If you haven’t spent a few summers of your life bussing tables, then you have not lived! I’ve had this recipe saved fooooorrreeever in my “to bake” folder… Now that I’ve made it, I’m a little sad that I waited this long. This bundt cake has all of the traditional flavor profiles of tiramisu but it’s in a fun, bundt cake form… you can definitely taste the espresso and the kahlua in the cake… and the cake has a nice texture. Sort of like a pound cake but not too heavy, all in all, it’s pretty amazing.
Tiramisu Bundt Cake (Recipe Source: Baking Bites)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Starbucks Viva (Italian Roast)
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking power and salt.
- In a standing bowl mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk in 2 additions beginning and ending with the flour, and mix until incorporated.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter into a small bowl. Remove another cup of batter into a second small bowl. Add the Starbucks Viva packet to one of the small bowls and whisk until combined. Add Kahlua to the second small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour half of the plain batter into the bundt pan and spread into an even layer. Pour the Kahlua batter into an even layer on top of the plain batter. Pour the espresso batter on top of the Kahlua batter. Spread the remaining plain batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15-20 minutes then transfer to cool completely before frosting.
Kahlua Mascarpone Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 4-oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons milk, as needed
- 1 pint of strawberries
- Combine butter and mascarpone cheese in a standing bowl mixer and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low add the Kahlua to the mix until combined.
- Add the confectioners sugar to the standing bowl mixture and add the milk as needed.
- Half 1/2 of the strawberries for the outside of the cake. Quarter the other 1/2 of the strawberries for the inside of the bundt cake. Keep a few whole strawberries for the top of the cake.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the glaze to the quartered strawberries and then toss them in the middle of the bundt cake.
- Add the glaze to the cake in a thin, even layer and then garnish with the whole strawberries and a slight sprinkling of confectioners sugar.
Happy Memorial Day, cupcakers. I want to take a moment to remember those who have fallen in service and say thank you to those who are currently serving… much love & many blessings…