It’s the season of pumpkins, sweet potatoes, and squash! I’ve been in the mood to try so many new recipes with these ingredients that I could hardly wait until I got home from vacation to get back in the kitchen! It’s 10pm on a Sunday night and I’ve got bread baking in the oven. Butternut squash soup, pumpkin chili, roasted Brussels sprouts with roasted sweet potatoes… The list of possibilities is endless! What are your favorite fall oodsf?
But not just any bread… Pumpkin Spice Bread! Mmmm my house smells so good right now!! After it cools, it will be topped with a Cinnamon Glaze. Oohh heavens, I can hardly wait!
I got the idea from Evil Shenanigans recipe for Pumpkin Bread and tweaked it just a little with what I had in my kitchen!
Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cinnamon Butter Glaze
Makes 2 9×5 loafs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, cold
- 15 oz can of pure pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ground cloves
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour your pans, set aside. If your pans stick, line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mix on medium-high for 1 minute until light and smooth.
- Slowly mix in the pumpkin. Scrape the sides and mix on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three additions alternating with the water, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape the sides and mix on low ONLY UNTIL INCORPORATED.
- Pour half of the batter into each pan.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 55-65 minutes. Rotate 180 degrees after 30 minutes.
- Once a toothpick comes out of the center clean, place pans on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- After cooled, flip the bread out onto the wire rack and drizzle with the glaze.
Cinnamon Butter Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the butter and vanilla and whisk together. It will be clumpy at this point.
- Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time and whisk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Immediately drizzle over warm bread.