Baking Conversion Charts

FREE PRINTABLE Baking Conversion Chart - Basic Ingredients | JavaCupcake.com

Converting recipes can be time-consuming and frustrating so I’ve decided to make for you these easy to follow, super cute Baking Conversion Charts!

Since living in Germany, I’ve been exploring European recipes and baking… most of which are in Metric measurements.  This can be tricky since most recipes in the United States use the Imperial measurement system.

Baking is not very forgiving. It is a science.  Estimating the measurements of an ingredient in a recipe spells disaster. While you can easily get away with a handful of this or that when you’re cooking dinner, even the slightest miscalculation could turn your soft-baked chocolate chip cookies into rocks.

Understanding the correct measuring technique for a particular ingredient will guarantee better baking results. Soft cookies, fluffy cakes, flaky crust!

Use these Baking Conversion Charts to help you ensure that your baking will be pure perfection!

Basic Ingredients Conversion Chart

The Basic Ingredients Conversion Chart below will help you convert basic baking ingredients such as flour, sugar and butter.  We’ve also included powdered sugar and heavy cream since those are both used in many frosting recipes.

FREE PRINTABLE Baking Conversion Charts - Basic Ingredients | JavaCupcake.com

Download & Print the Baking Conversion Chart – Basic Ingredients

Measurements & Temperatures Conversion Chart

The Measurements & Temperatures Conversion Chart below is designed to help you with the rest of the ingredients in your recipe.  This easy to understand chart should make converting things like liquids and nuts or baking chips from Imperial to Metric.

We’ve also included a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion to help with baking temperatures.

FREE Baking Conversion Charts - Measurements & Temperature | The JavaCupcake Blog https://javacupcake.com

Download & Print the Baking Conversion Chart – Measurements & Temperatures

Mini Printable Conversion Chart

Finally, we’ve got a Mini Printable Temperature Conversion Chart below for you to keep close to your oven!  You could easily attach this to a magnet at stick it to your stove top!

FREE PRINTABLE Mini Baking Conversion Charts - Temperature | JavaCupcake.com

Download & Print the Free Mini Temperature Conversion Chart

I really hope you get some great use out of these baking conversion charts!  A huge thank you goes out to the team who designers who made these charts possible!

Graphics by KCPrintables, Grace Harvey Graphics, Citrus&Mint, HoneyClipArt

40 comments

1. Kara

Awesome! I have some Swedish cookbooks and recipes and they are all in metric! Pinning these for later so I don’t forget! Thanks for posting them! It’s gonna save me so much time rather than converting everything myself lol.

1. Betsy Eves

I have a few German cookbooks… now if there was only a chart that translated recipes from German to English! haha 🙂 Happy Baking, Kara!

2. Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon

I’m always looking for these conversion! Now I have it right at my finger tips!

3. heather @french press

these are SO fun | I can;t wait to hang them in my kitchen

4. Martha@A Family Feast

We sometimes get asked on our blog for ingredient conversions – I’m going to send them here. This is great!

1. Betsy Eves

Oh thanks, Martha! So glad this can be helpful to your readers!! xoxo

5. Cheryl

THANK YOU!! I have avoided some recipes because I would have to convert…Now I can print and frame it! Awesome!

1. Betsy Eves

I’ve been in the exact same situation. Now I have a cute go-to chart that I can keep on my fridge for easy access to the conversions! Happy Baking!

6. Jay

Very helpful, Betsy. But please note that “Celsius” is misspelled as “Celcius” on a couple of your charts 🙂

Jah

1. Betsy Eves

I totally missed that error! Thanks for pointing it out to me…. I’ll have my designer fix it ASAP! 🙂

7. Lynn Wilcox

Thank you so much these are adorable.

1. Betsy Eves

You are so welcome! I’m glad you enjoy them!

8. Krista Ballard

These are great! Thanks so much!

9. Christina

Thanks for these adorable charts! I was looking for something I could post up in the kitchen and this is SUPER cute. I grew up in California but have been in Melbourne for several years now and I can never remember Imperial equivalents to Metric!

1. Betsy Eves

You’re welcome Christina! I’m so glad you love them as much as I do!

10. Cai

Thank you so much for sharing the conversion table!☺
    God bless your generous heart!♥

11. Susan

Thanks for this cute conversion chart. I also live in Bavaria, not Graf though. I finally decided to print out something handy that I could tape to the inside of my cabinet next to my stove and this is perfect. Thank you!

1. Betsy Eves

So glad you love it as much as I do!! Happy Baking 🙂

12. Jo-Anne

my packages of flour indicate that 120 grams is 1 cup and confectioners sugar 1 cup=120 grams.

13. Mrs Minty Cream

Thank you so much for coming up with these charts. They are so useful that I have a copy of these on my fridge for my weekly baking sessions! Also because they make the lives of homemakers so much easier, I would love to share this with my readers on my blog. Hence, I have included your charts in my blog (of course, with all credits and a link back to you and your team at The JavaCupcake Blog). Thank you so much for this useful chart. Cheers!

14. Lovelyn

Thanks a lot.

15. Charlie

I love this. People typically measure 1 cup of flour anywhere between 4-6 ounces…(contents may have settles, it may be unsifted or sifted, and people just ‘scoop’ differently.) I use only weight measures for baking now and my results are crazy super consistent. Thanks for the metric chart (I just use my scale and clean only 1 measuring device) YAY!

16. Riffat Azhar

Hey really yummy recipes. I love cupcakes, please guide me soft cupcakes recipe.

17. SHERRY

I NEED HELP! I HAVE A RECIPE THAT CALLS FOR 5g BAKING POWDER, 2g CINNAMON, AND 3g SALT. CAN YOU HELP ME BY CONVERTING THESE MEASUREMENTS TO TEASPOONS AND TABLESPOONS PLEASE?

1. Betsy Eves

That’s what the charts are for, friend 🙂

18. Beth

So adorable. Just what I needed for my move out of the country. I plan to laminate and keep handy as I learn to live in a metric world.

19. Jill Roberts @ WellnessGeeky

They looked soooo good, I had to try and make them. I used your suggestion and used 1/2 cup flour. Thx for sharing Betsy!

20. Bella Hardy

Thanks for baking conversion charts! I’m also gonna pin this post on my Pinterest board my followers will love it. Thanks Betsy!

21. oscam

Ola
    Good share.
    I think the great cccam are those from Fishbone cccam
    I would like to see more posts like this
    Thanks

22. Adriana Range

THAAAANK YOUUUUU!!!
    your charts are AWESOME!!!!!