Heather of Heather’s Dish is on the blog today sharing these amazing Peachy Keen Cupcakes with you! Don’t those slices of peach on top make you want to jump through the computer and eat them!?
THANK YOU Heather, for creating this cupcake and recipe for me! It’s an amazing feeling to have the love and support of the blogging community during this difficult time! Be sure to check out Heather’s blog and thank her for such a sweet recipe!
Y’all, I am just so honored to be posting on Betsy’s blog today! The sacrifices her husband and her whole family make for our country – well, it truly does bring tears to my eyes. And the fact that she was able to reach out and get so much love and support from such an incredible community of bloggers? Well, let’s just say that while I haven’t had to work through deployment, I too have experienced that love and support during hard times and there truly aren’t words to express my gratitude.
So let’s talk peaches, shall we? As a native Texan I grew up enamored with the sweet and juicy stone fruit that came out of Fredericksburg, Texas during the dog days of summer. Sure, I grew up and lived in West Texas, but those trips to the Hill Country always meant that we’d get to sink our teeth into those sweet peaches, which would always yield a peach-juice beard on everyone who surrendered to that sweet summer treat. As a proper Texas girl I think it’s safe to say that that’s the only kind of “beard” a gal should have, and I’d gladly wear mine around til the peaches were gone!
These days I live in the South where sweet juicy fruit is still abundant and just oh-so-delicious. I mean really, what a blessing to eat so well during these hot summer months! To celebrate (and maybe to use some peaches we inevitably didn’t have the time to eat immediately) I thought what better way to celebrate Betsy’s family, summer and this beautiful community than stuff cupcakes full of peaches and slather on some cream cheese frosting.
I mean really, that’s a celebration. So let’s get on it!
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peach puree (2-3 large peaches, peeled and pureed in a food processor or blender)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 large peaches, peeled and finely diced
- zest of one large orange
For the cream cheese frosting
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin pan with cups and brush the rim lightly with oil.
- For the cupcakes, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the peach puree and Greek yogurt and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Toss the diced peaches and orange zest with 1 tablespoon flour and then fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the cupcakes by 1/4 cup each into the lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until just done.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- If a thinner texture is desired, add the milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Heather Disarro is a native Texan who now lives in Little Rock with her husband, son, and two rambunctious labs. She graduated from Texas Tech University in 2006 with a degree in Restaurant/Hotel/Institutional Management and English. After forays in the restaurant, fashion and outdoor apparel industries, her passion for food, writing, photography and travel led her to begin a food- and life-based blog, Heather’s Dish, where she blogs on a daily basis. She also coordinates a blog dedicated to encouraging women to see their own true beauty, FacesofBeauty.org, which is run solely from individual contributions. In her free time, you can find Heather working out, playing hide-and-seek with her son, kneading bread or hiking with her family. She is a wife, mother, storyteller, writer, hopeful crafter, and all-around completely blessed!