I hope that you all aren’t tired of banana cupcakes yet… They’re just so easy to make and I have to meet a banana/frosting combo that I don’t like!
One of my favorite things about baking cupcakes is that they’re super easy to modify. This banana cupcake recipe has become a staple around my house, whether we’re using them for muffins (minus frosting) or a simple dessert :)
Banana Cupcakes: (Recipe Source: Martha Stewart)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 16 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In the well combine, melted butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla extract. Combine with flour until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Jenn’s JavaCupcake Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup high quality honey
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed to get desired consistency
- Cream butter and cream cheese until light fluffy in a standing bowl mixer on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, add the honey and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and combine on low speed until incorporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pipe frosting with a large star tip.
Just a FYI, I brought these to work and a friend said that this is the best frosting she’s ever had. It’s definitely pretty high up there on my favorites list as well, it’s nice and tangy (thank you cream cheese) but it was also super light and fluffy and paired with the banana cupcake, it was divine. Just sayin’ :)