I was inspired by With Sprinkles on Top (who also made these cookies) to try them myself. I mean really, how can you go wrong with homemade chocolate chip cookies and Oreos? It took until the second sheet to get them just right… they key is to not put too much cookie dough around the Oreo. Just enough to cover it. Bella Cupcake has never tasted so good!
Oh, and you better eat them while they’re warm. To. Die. For. The cream oozes out the middle, it’s all warm and soft. Oh heavens. This is probably one of my favorite cookies ever. And… they’re HUGE. You really only need one at a time. Oh, and dunk it in milk. Do it. Dunk it.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approx. 24 cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature and soft
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature (I used Danish eggs!)
1 tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
24 Double Stuffed Oreos
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. One at a time, add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined and scraping the sides of the bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- About a cup at a time, slowly beat in the flour to the wet mixture, scraping the sides after each addition.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough into your hand and flatten the dough. Place an oreo in the center of the dough and mold it up around the sides. Scoop another tablespoon (not so much this time) and flatten it on top. Pinch the seams where the dough comes together and mold it in your hand so the edges are round. At this time you’ll also want to trim off as much extra dough as you can. You only want enough to just cover the cookie and not flatten out when you bake it. Otherwise you’ll have a flat cookie with a big bump on top where the Oreo is.
- Place 12 cookies on your baking sheet (lined with or without parchment or mat… it’s your preference) and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet until removing to a wire wrack to cool completely. Or not. Right now would be an excellent time to eat one too. The cream from the Oreo will be all melty and oooooze out of the cookie… like this: