I don’t think I can thank Rainy Day Gal enough for this amazing recipe! It’s the perfect marriage of two of my favorite things – eggnog and french toast. My husband is in love with eggnog and I am in love with french toast, so this recipe is a real winner in our household. Thanks, Rainy Day Gal, for another great Food find!
Since my husband likes strange things… he even topped his with something I’d never heard of!! Read the recipe below to find out!
Eggnog French Toast
adapted from Rainy Day Gal
Makes 4-6 pieces of toast
3 large eggs
1/2 cup light eggnog
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4-6 slices texas toast bread
butter, for frying
- In a shallow but large bottomed bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan on medium to medium-high heat. Not too hot, you want them to cook through and not get too brown too quickly.
- Quickly soak both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan. Do not cook more than 2 slices at a time. If you want a strong eggnog flavor, let the bread soak on each side for 20-30 seconds. You will get less toast, but a stronger eggnog flavor.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- We served this french toast three ways… Topped with butter and syrup, butter and powdered sugar, and large curd cottage cheese.
- Have any extra egg? Add another sliver of butter to your pan and scramble them for a delicious side!