Being a busy Mom coming up with cute, delicious desserts for Easter can sometimes be a daunting task. These semi-homemade Bunny Cupcakes are not only adorable, but they are sure to make everyone jump for joy on Easter!
I have realized that sometimes, it’s okay if everything I bake isn’t 100% homemade. It doesn’t make me less of a baker, less of a mother and it surely doesn’t mean what I bake isn’t going to taste delicious! So for Easter this year, I decided to focus on making my cupcakes super cute by turning them into bunnies!
Here are a few of the things you’ll need for these cupcakes. You don’t have to use exactly these items or these brands… just use what you have access to at the stores near you!
- Cake mix & all the ingredients to make the cake
- Black sugar pearls, spring colored jimmies, and pink sugar crystals
- Small pink jelly beans
- Sweets & Treats Boutique pink dot Bake Bright cupcake liners
- Frosting (not pictured)
After the cupcakes are baked and before you begin frosting the cupcakes, you’ll need to prepare the marshmallow ears for the bunnies.
- Hold the marshmallow by the flat edges.
- Using clean scissors, cut across the marshmallow from one corner to the opposite corner.
- Press the exposed side of the marshmallow into a bowl of pink sugar crystals.
- Set the two halves aside in pairs so they can be easily placed onto the cupcakes later.
Putting together the Bunny Cupcakes is super simple! Pipe a dollop of frosting to the top of each cupcake, use the tweezers to place each black sugar pearl eye and press in a pink jelly bean for a nose! Easy peasy!
You don’t have to do accent cupcakes, but I couldn’t resist buying these spring colored jimmies at the store when I saw them. I only did 4 of the cupcakes covered in these jimmies, but it really adds a fun pop of color to the cupcakes!
I have been obsessively buying cake stands since moving back to the USA. Home Goods, Michaels and Target have both had some inexpensive and super cute stands that I had to have! The pastel colors coordinate perfectly with the Bunny Cupcakes.
A bouquet of fresh cut daffodils, a few porcelain bunnies, and a few decorative eggs from Germany completely the display. The best part about putting together a display like this is that you don’t have to do it exactly like mine. Use what you have in your home, put out the decorations you love and make it beautiful! No need to go out and buy anything new!
I shared these cupcakes with my new neighbors. They have 3 girls and she reported back to me that they were a huge hit! That’s always the best feeling when you make something and your friends and family get true joy from them!
I really hope you give these a try for your family! They’re perfect for Easter, Spring or the bunny lover in your life!
- Sweets & Treats Boutique Pink Dot Bake Bright Liners
- 1 box of Pillsbury Spring Funfetti Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2lb powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 24 large marshmallows
- pink sugar crystals
- black sugar pearls
- small pink jelly beans
- Spring colors jimmies
- large round piping tip
- large piping bag
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the directions on the box.
- Line cupcake pan with Sweets & Treats Boutique Bake Bright liners.
- Fill the liners 1/2 full and bake according to box directions.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
- Beat together the butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and half the cream and mix until combined.
- Pour the remaining cream in and beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a bowl.
- Cut each marshmallow in half from corner to corner. Press the exposed area into the sugar crystals. These marshmallows will be the bunny ears. Set the ears aside in pairs so when you put them on the cupcakes, the ears match.
- Fill the piping bag fitted with the large round tip with frosting.
- Squeeze a dollop of frosting multiReplace" id="1133" data-gr-id="1133">onto the top of each cupcake.
- Press a pair of ears onto the frosting.
- Using the tweezers, place two black sugar pearls on the "face" for eyes. Press a pink jelly bean almost all the way in under the eyes for a nose.
- For accent cupcakes, squeeze a dollop of frosting onto the top of a cupcake. Completely cover the top of each cupcake with Spring colors jimmies.