Celebrate the Easter season with your family by making these adorable Easter Cupcakes.
Using any recipe, these ideas for Easter Cupcakes will are easy enough for your children to help you with and cute enough to be perfect to serve at your family gathering.
Easter Cupcakes – Chicks
My favorite Easter Cupcakes are the adorable little chicks. I mean, can these cupcakes get any cuter?
Check out the tutorials below to learn to make Chicks, Nests, and Sheep.
- Yellow, Orange and Green gel food coloring
- Orange Candy Melts
- Daisy Sprinkles
- Eyes - black sprinkles
- Disposable Decorator Bag
- Large Round Tip
- Medium Round Tip
- Small Round Tip
- Color frosting
- Fit a #4 small round tip in a disposable decorator bag
- Add a small amount of orange candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating 20 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Carefully add to a disposable piping bag
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pipe out the legs with feet for the chicks
- Let sit at least 10 minutes to harden
- Frost cupcake with green frosting, or any color you like
- Fit a #1A large round tip in a disposable piping bag and fill with yellow frosting
- Fit a #12 medium round tip in a disposable piping bag and fill with yellow frosting
- Pipe on a large mound of frosting with the large tip, then a smaller mound on top of the large mound
- Add beak and eyes
- Fit a #3 small round tip in a disposable piping bag and fill with dark yellow or orange frosting
- Fit a #2 small round tip in a disposable piping bag and fill with another shade of yellow frosting
- Pipe on feathers
- Remove legs from parchment paper and add under chick body
Easter Cupcakes – Sheep
Using mini marshmallows, these Easter Cupcakes in the shape of Sheep are extra tasty to eat and perfect for little fingers to help place the marshmallows on top.
- White and Pink Frosting
- Pink Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Small Heart Sprinkles
- Eyes - Black Sprinkles
- Mini Marshmallows
- Disposable Decorator Bag
- #10 Round Tip
- #2 Round Tip
- Thinly frost the cupcake with white frosting
- Color a small amount of frosting pink
- Fit a #2 small round tip in a disposable decorator bag and fill with pink frosting
- Fit a #10 medium round tip in a disposable decorator bag and fill with white frosting
- Add an oval mound of frosting for the face
- Add small round circles of frosting to cover the whole cupcake
- If you have spikes on the frosting, dip your finger in water, shake off excess and gently push down the spike
- Cut marshmallow in half and immediately dip the cut side into pink nonpareil sprinkles
- Add ears to head
- Pipe on the mouth with pink frosting
- Add heart sprinkle for nose and eyes
- Add 3 more circles of white frosting on top of the head
Easter Cupcakes – Nest
Finally, these nest Easter Cupcakes are the most basic to make. They only require frosting, sprinkles and candy eggs!
I really hope you and your family make some – if you do, please share them with me!
- Green Frosting
- Candy Eggs
- Frost cupcake with green frosting or color of your choice
- Fit a #10 medium round tip in a disposable decorator bag and fill with green frosting
- Pipe around the edge of cupcake and smooth with an offset spatula
- Immediately dip into sprinkles
- Add eggs to top