Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, these chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are a twist on my original chocolate chip cookie with a fresh minty taste! You’re going to love them!
I’m not one to go crazy for St. Patrick’s Day. Why you may ask? Well, because…
- I don’t believe in Leprechauns. There are enough Easter bunnies, tooth fairies and Santa’s to worry about.
- It’s another holiday that I feel I don’t need to celebrate just because Target wants me to and
- I’m not even Irish. Well, okay I might be like a 1/16 Irish, but that doesn’t count.
I do, however, believe that chocolate chip cookies are good idea all the time. Especially when they’re this delicious and so simple to make!
For these cookies, I took my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and tweaked it just enough to make something new and even tastier. I switched up the sugar ratios, used semi-sweet chocolate chips, mint extract and of course, added green food coloring!
So, if you’re like me and you don’t want to jump on the St. Patrick’s Day bandwagon but still want a delish treat for the holiday… make these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, large
- 1 Tbsp mint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + extra for garnish
- Green gel food coloring
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars until no more clumps remain. Add the melted butter and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add the eggs, mint extract and green gel coloring and whisk until incorporated.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 8 balls of dough, press down flat and place evenly on the prepared cookie sheet. Press 3-4 extra chocolate onto each ball for garnish
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the tops are a light golden color. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Remove immediately.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat process with all the cookie dough.
- Eat warm! Store cookies in an air tight container for up to 5 days.