These peanut butter monster cookie cupcakes are chalked full of peanut butter, chocolate and candy! It’s a monster cookie… no, it’s a cupcake!
I was craving something today, but I wasn’t sure quite what it was. I got on Pinterest and started browsing around some food boards and came across the “Monster Cookie.”
On Pinterest, the monster cookie comes in many different shapes and sizes, colors and flavors and it was very unclear to me what exactly makes up one of these cookies.
So, I took to Facebook and asked you. Here’s what some of you said:
- Christy B: “…quick oats, m&ms, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter.”
- Melanie K: “ I make my Monster cookies with quick oats, M&M’s, chocolate chips and peanut butter. I only make them at Christmas but they are my husbands favorite cookies.”
- Cindy J: “Everywhere I’ve worked it’s something different 1) a giant sized cookie 2) a cookie with lots of ingredients: chocolate chips,or m&m’s nuts, raisins, oatmeal or 3) 2 m&m cookies with buttercream filling and buttercream googly eyes on top.”
- Roxana B: “Well the monster cookie recipe we use has oats, chocolate chips, and mini m&m’s in it.”
- Darla B: “The size and the large amount of goodies in it” is what makes it a Monster cookie.
Okay… so peanut butter, M&M’s chocolate chips, oatmeal. Those seem pretty standard in a monster cookie… anything else you add… well, those are just a bonus. So, I decided to take those components and transform them into a cupcake. These Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Cupcakes are super sweet, loaded with peanut butter and chocolate and extremely delicious! This cupcake is sure to cure your peanut butter or your monster cookie craving!
This cupcake is a peanut butter cake filled with chocolate toffee bits, chocolate chips and M&Ms. It’s then topped with a peanut butter cookie dough frosting that is also full of toffee bits, mini chocolate chips and even more M&Ms! It’s sweet, it’s crunchy, it’s full of candy and it’s SO GOOD!
If you love Monster Cookies – you’ll LOVE this cupcake!