Sweet, tangy Key Lime Scones come together with just a few ingredients and are perfect with tea!
Hey all! Nancy here from The Bitter Side of Sweet! So glad to be here helping out Betsy! I have followed Betsy for a long time and her recipes! She has so many great ones like these lucky charms cupcakes or this frozen nutter butter pie. So I was super excited to get a chance to come here and be with you today!
So let’s talk key limes. I really haven’t had much involvement with them in my lifetime but have heard of the traditional key lime pie.
I was in my local grocery store and I saw a 2 pound bag of them for .22 cents! Uh hello! How can you pass up a deal like that? Well you can’t which is why I have 2 pounds of key limes and that is why I ended up making these key limes scones.
I’ve been somewhat obsessed with scones lately so I thought I would put my key limes to good use to add a little spring into my day! My family loved them and I hope you do too! Want to find more of my recipes you can follow me on Facebook |Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ stick cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- zest of 2 key limes
- Preheat over to 415 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add eggs, milk and key lime juice and continue to mix until combined.
- Stir in zest.
- Dump mixture out onto parchment paper.
- Shape into round disk.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull out and recut your scones. Turn heat up to 450 degrees and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Cool and ENJOY!