Is there anything better than a fresh, hot from the oven cookie? Probably not. Well, maybe if it’s stuffed with Biscoff… right? These jumbo Biscoff Stuffed Snickerdoodles are rich, chewy and simply delicious!
Who can say no to something called “cookie butter”? Especially when it’s baked into such treats as Caramel Biscoff Brownies, Crunchy Biscoff Pretzel Cups, or Biscoff Buttercream Cupcakes? The taste is similar to a sophisticated peanut butter, but this delicious spread is made from cookies, not nuts. It was born in Belgium on a reality television show and became wildly popular almost overnight. Soon, recipes for sweets made with Biscoff
cookies spread went viral and Americans everywhere were clamoring for the stuff. Lotus Bakeries obliged, and the spread is now available nationwide.
My sweet bloggy friend, Katrina, author of the new cookbook The Biscoff Cookie & Spread Cookbook: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, Confections, and More and owner of the blog, In Katrina’s Kitchen has created the ultimate snickerdoodle! This cookie is filled with Biscoff Cookie Spread and covered in cinnamon and sugar. Every bite oozes with the irreplaceable flavor of cookie butter deliciousness.
We can’t forget to mention that these Biscoff Stuffed Snickerdoodles are JUMBO size! One cookie is equal to at least 2, probably 3 regular size cookies. So you really only need one to satisfy your cravings! (Okay… maybe 2!)
Katrina’s recipe is super easy to follow. Her directions are simple and straight to the point and a truly no-fail. A beginner or a seasoned baker could make these cookies with no problem!
A few tips I took note of when I made these cookies…
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out the entire amount of dough you’ll need for 1 cookie. Divide that in half and make two discs of dough then fill one disc with Biscoff and place the second half on top. Finishing the cookie as Katrina describes. Making one cookie from start to finish seemed easier than doing each step one at a time for all the cookies.
- I baked for exactly 12 minutes and they were perfect. Sprinkling extra sugar/cinnamon on top made the top of the cookies even more scrumptious looking too!
- The recipe said it would make 18 cookies, but I only got 16. Maybe mine were a little too big. Oh well
Make sure to follow Katrina & Biscoff on the web for more deliciousness!
In Katrina’s Kitchen: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+
Biscoff: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
BUY Katrina’s cookbook here: The Biscoff Cookie & Spread Cookbook: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, Confections, and More
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼tsp salt
- 2tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Creamy Biscoff Spread
- Cinnamon sugar (1/3 cup granulated sugar + 2tsp ground cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- (See my notes above). Using a cookie scoop, place 6 rounded tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Gently press dough into discs. Top with approximately 1tsp of Biscoff Spread then top with another disc of cookie dough. Pinch the seam with your fingers to seal in the Biscoff Spread. Roll in cinnamon sugar and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle each cookie with more cinnamon sugar if desired.
Want to make more of Katrina’s delicious Biscoff recipes? Enter to win a copy of her book by simply filling out the widget below!
One winner will be sent a copy of The Biscoff Cookie & Spread Cookbook: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, Confections, and More by Katrina Bahl. Open to all who have a USA mailing address. Winner will be announced on January 16, 2015.