Strawberry shortcake=summer. It’s such a fresh and fun dessert and it makes me happy…
I made these before and they didn’t make it to work. Which sort of means that we ate a dozen in my house. In one weekend. Whoops.
Hey JavaCupcakers! Happy Snickerdoodle Week! I’m here with the thing we do best … cupcakes! 🙂
Happy weekend, javacupcakers! Today I am going to share with you the coconut cupcakes that I made for 2 of my favorite people at work. They wanted coconut, so I made coconut. Here we go…
What’s your favorite dessert? The other day Betsy asked me “if you had to be any dessert, what would you be?” Before really thinking about it I said a cupcake (duh) but after a while I realized that if I was going to be any dessert it would be crème brûlée. Super. Absolute. Fav.
Hands down. Easiest cupcakes that I have ever made. EVER! And bonus points for being delicious & pretty 😉
Do you have a ladies brunch coming up soon? No? Well, then you should plan one just so that you can make these cupcakes… they’re perfection! So cute & classy… we love classy around here. 😉
I’m fairly certain that there is nothing better in life than having cupcakes with champagne. See, told ya… perfection! I thought about these a few weeks ago and then decided to google them before heading into the kitchen. Google folks, it’s your bff.
Before I start baking I always do a quick search to see if someone has already come up with the idea that’s brewin’ in my head. 100% of the time (promise, 100%) I find something… it might not be exactly what I’m looking for, but probably something close. I found a few recipes but these looked amazing and I actually had everything already, win x 2.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup champagne or prosecco
- ¼ cup peach schnapps
- 1 medium peach, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup champagne or prosecco
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon peach schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (for a pretty pink color)
- Pearl Nonpareils (for garnish)
- Chilled champagne or prosecco
- Fine sugar
- Peach schnapps
- Fresh peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners. In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a standing bowl mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the champagne and peach schnapps.
- With the mixer on low alternate adding the flour mixture and the champagne/peach schnapps in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the diced peaches.
- Scoop batter into liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the butter and the vanilla in a standing bowl mixer and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar to the standing bowl mixer 1 cup a time, with the mixer on low.
- Combine champagne or prosecco and peach schnapps in a small bowl and add to the mixer after the powdered sugar has been incorporated.
- Add milk and red food coloring and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe with a large star tip and add nonpareils as a garnish.
- Enjoy with a peach bellini 😉
- Dip rims of champagne flutes into fine sugar.
- Pour 1 ounce of peach schnapps into each glass.
- Fill flute with champagne and garnish with a fresh peach slice.
(Recipe Source: Sing For Your Supper)
These were a birthday request for a friend at work. I’m not going to lie, if I had my pick of dessert, key lime pie probably isn’t even in my top 5… but, apparently folks love them some key lime pie!
One of my resolutions this year was to give up Starbucks… every. single. day. Delicious, but uber expensive. Ask my mint.com account 😉 To make things easier we started using our coffee maker in the office and I brought in some fun coffee cups from home…for the most part, this resolution = big time success.
The weather this week was nothing short of amazing… Sunshine and sunshine and more sunshine 🙂 I wanted to bake something that was super fresh & light… Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes!
Lots of big birthdays lately… last week was the little brother’s 13th birthday! 13 people, 13 years old! It’s bananas and sort of makes me want to cry on the inside (maybe on the outside too, lol shhh)… 13 is kind of a big deal, huh?
Hey folks 😉 sorry things have been a little quiet around here from me lately… life has kind of been super busy lately. Good busy, but still super busy. I haven’t had much time to write posts, but have no fear I have been baking!
I love love love these! They’re super easy and suuuuuper fun! 🙂 Here’s the best thing, you pick your fav cupcake and add your favorite vanilla buttercream and then go from there!