These Chocolate Snickers Cookies are an irresistible, rich, chewy chocolate cookie loaded with chocolate chips, peanuts and Snickers Baking Bites.
Hi, I’m Barbara from Barbara Bakes, and I’m excited to be guest posting today. On Barbara Bakes I share great recipes for cookies, cakes, and pies, as well as great family meals. I make baking for scratch easy with step-by-step photos and simplified techniques.
Did you know you Snickers makes little Baking Bites? My daughter was excited to find them at the store and asked me to create a recipe using them. I decided to start with the chocolate cookie dough from my Triple Chocolate S’mores cookies and change them up by adding Snickers Baking Bites and peanuts.
I made the cookies two ways and still can’t decide which way I like them better. First I topped the cookies with the Snickers Baking Bites, and then I wrapped the cookie dough around the Snickers Baking Bite to make a stuffed cookie.
The cookies in the front of the picture are the ones topped with Snickers Baking Bites, the cookies in the back are stuffed with Snickers Baking Bites. I think they look prettier stuffed, but you get more Snickers in every bite when you top them with Snickers. Either way, it’s a great, must-make cookie, especially if you’re a Snickers lover.
- 2¼ cups flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounce) Snickers Baking Bites
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops on to cookie sheets. Cut Snickers Baking Bites into three pieces and press into the top of each scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are set, but still soft in center.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie tray for five minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Orange Cranberry Stuffed Cookies