White Chocolate Everything! {Appreciation Post}

| family, life, recipe round up, white chocolate

Around the bloggesphere today you may see something a little different.  Today, we are giving praise to the men behind the bloggers.  The husbands, spouses, significant others…  the ones who put up with, who have supported, who loved unconditionally through the crazy recipe development and photo shoots and who (sometimes with hesitation) even tried a bite everything that blogger made.  Thanks to Amanda from i am baker for the amazing idea to do this post!

Spouse-Appreciation

So today’s Appreciation Post is all about my HERO, my SOLDIER, my HUSBAND… SGT David Eves.  It includes the reasons why I love him, all the things he does to put up with my blogging, a get to know you Q&A and a White Chocolate Everything round-up… a dedication to his favorite sweet!

It seems fitting that this post fall the day after 9/11… you see, my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan.  This is his third deployment since 2009.  The first two were to Iraq… 15 and 12 months long.  But this deployment is different.

During the first two deployments we were newlyweds and I was still living close to family back in Washington state.  So, it was easier to adjust after he deployed.  Maybe easier isn’t the right word…. because really, there’s nothing easy about deployment.  Being around family and in a familiar place made the time go by faster… and that is what made things better.  This deployment is hard… really hard.  We’re living in Germany, no family, no close friends… and we have a new addition to our family.

spouse-appreciation-2

Matthew.. he’s 18 months old now.  Dave is an AMAZING father.  Which is one of the things I love about him the most.  He’s loving, kind, patient.  He changes poopy diapers and he keeps Matty out of the kitchen when I’m baking.

So needless to say… not having Dave around to help with Matty has been a challenge.  But, to be honest… I miss Dave the most at bed time.  He and I would sing Bob Marley to Matty every night before bed.  Dave is an amazing Dad.   Matty misses him every day.

spouse-appreciation-3

After Dave’s first deployment and we were married, he adopted my daughter Emily.  Never has a day gone by that he hasn’t loved her or treated her like she’s his flesh and blood.  I am in awe everyday of his selfless devotion to love & provide for her.

spouse-appreciation-4

Dave is the absolute love of my life.  I have literally dropped everything to follow him around the world and raise our family while he fights in a war to protect us.  But I am so in love with this man…. that I’d do that a million times again.  He is my best friend… my everything.

PS… Did I mention that he puts up with my crazy blogging?  We can’t eat anything until I take 100 pictures of it… even if we’re out to dinner.  Dave even does the dishes for me after I bake.  But, he’s also first in line to lick the batter from the bowl and he’ll always try at least a bite of everything I create.

So a little about Dave…

He’s a Magic the Gathering NERD!  Every city we visit, we have to find a card shop so he can add to his collection of Magic cards and accessories.  He’s a 49ers football fan… although I’ve never seen him watch a game.  He has an addiction to Monster energy drinks and he loves hot and spicy salsa.  Oh… and white chocolate is his favorite candy and ingredient to bake with.

As a part of this Appreciation Post we’re doing… we were to ask our hubbies some questions.  My hubby had about 2 minutes to answer these between missions… so his answers are short…. but sweet! <3

What is your significant other’s favorite blog called?

Java Cupcake or Cupcakes Take The Cake

(I love how he thinks my favorite blog is my own – or the one I write for haha)

What is their favorite prop?

These square plates she bought at the German equivalent of Crate and Barrel

(So true!)

What is the weirdest thing you have seen your spouse do for a blog post?

Involve me in it, lol.

If you could have your own blog what would you call it?

deadcat’s Diorama

What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies?

Wage war and playing Magic: the Gathering

(To clarify – He’s an infantry soldier in the US Army currently deployed to Afghanistan)

Finally, in honor of my awesome husband, I’ve compiled a round up of some super delicious white chocolate recipes that I’m CERTAIN my husband would love!

Enjoy!

25 White Chocolate Recipes my Husband would Love by JavaCupcake.com

Black & White Cupcakes by JavaCupcake

Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins by JavaCupcake

Mozart White Chocolate Cupcakes by JavaCupcake

White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cookies by JavaCupcake

White Chocolate Chip & M&M Cookie Bars by JavaCupcake

White Chocolate topped Gingerbread Blossoms by JavaCupcake

White Chocolate Candy Cane Blossoms by JavaCupcake

White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Biscotti by JavaCupcake

Triple Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Whiskey Caramel White Chocolate by Fields of Cake

Black & White Cookies by Fields of Cake

White Chocolate Brioche by The Culinary Life

White Chocolate Brownies by Bake or Break

White Chocolate Cranberry Tart by Diethood

Spiced Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate by Diethood

White Chocolate  & Cranberry Granola Bars by Like Mother Like Daughter

White Chocolate Funfetti Chip Cake by Inside BruCrew Life

Make sure to check out all of the other husbands, wives and significant others behind the blogs you love!!

Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts made M&M Kit Kat Cake
Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Shanna from Pineapple & Coconut made Best Ever Chicken Enchiladas
Meaghan from The Decorated Cookie made Homemade SpaghettiOs
Amy from Very Culinary shared a Fabulous Video!
Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Lebanese Meat Pies (Sfeehas)
Cassie from Bake Your Day wrote about The Guy Across The Table
Lauren from Healthy. Delicious. shared 10 Guy-Approved Recipes
Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts shared a Round up of Hubbies Favorites
Rachel from Set the Table made Mexican Chocolate Shake
Julie from Julie’s Eats and Treats shared her Hubby’s Top 10
Stefani from Cupcake Project made Graham Cracker Waffle Cones
Katerina from Diethood made Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic and Olives
Betsy from Java Cupcake made White Chocolate Everything!
Kimberly from The Daring Gourmet made French Almond Cake with Lavender Lemon Glaze

35 Comments on White Chocolate Everything! {Appreciation Post}

September 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm (11 months ago)

I certainly did! ;) He’s a KEEPER for sure!

1. Amy @Very Culinary
    September 12, 2013 at 3:43 pm (11 months ago)

Loving these posts – hate that you and David are separated by an ocean right now!

2. Joan@Chocolate and More
    September 12, 2013 at 3:48 pm (11 months ago)

Betsy, thank you to both you and your hubby for his service. Hopefully this will be his last deployment and you’ll have him back safe and sound soon. I’ll be keeping you both in my prayers.
    Now as for all these white chocolate treats, I’ll be busy pinning for a bit now. White chocolate is always such a nice change from the traditional.

September 12, 2013 at 4:02 pm (11 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words, Joan <3

3. Lauren at Keep It Sweet
    September 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm (11 months ago)

This is such a nice post… I hope that he comes back from deployment much sooner than later. What a great guy that you are married to!

4. Kate@Diethood
    September 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm (11 months ago)

Such a sweet post!! I have to tear up every time I see a soldier – can’t believe their courage. Thank You, SGT.

And thank you so much for including my white chocolate tart and drink!!

5. liz @ The Lemon Bowl
    September 12, 2013 at 5:06 pm (11 months ago)

This is such a sweet post- it gives me chills. Your husband is a true hero in every way!

6. createdbydiane
    September 12, 2013 at 6:49 pm (11 months ago)

Looks like he is a real keeper and he does dishes…..love it. Please thank him for his service.

7. Erin @ Texanerin Baking
    September 12, 2013 at 6:50 pm (11 months ago)

What a sweet post! I hope that Dave’s deployment will be over soon (I know it just started but I’m still going to hope!) and that it’ll be the last one. He sounds like such a great guy and I can’t even imagine what it must be like. Especially with a baby. But you know what? You’ve got us bloggers to keep your mind off the situation, even if just for a few moments a day. :) (I could see that sounding weird but it’s supposed to be a nice thing!)

And thanks for including my fudge!

September 12, 2013 at 7:15 pm (11 months ago)

And I am VERY thankful for my blogging friends!! xoxo Definitely helps to have a community of people to help keep me occupied! <3

8. meaghan
    September 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm (11 months ago)

Oh my gosh, this is the one where I get all weepy. I’m a total mess over military families, especially those as loving as the one shown here! Thank you for sharing this!!

9. laurengrier
    September 12, 2013 at 8:25 pm (11 months ago)

First of all, I want to thank your hubby for defending this country. Without him, America would not be the same. So thank you, thank you, thank you! And I second the love for white chocolate it’s the best!!

September 12, 2013 at 9:16 pm (11 months ago)

Thanks for the thoughtful words Lauren! :)

10. Erin (@LawStudentsWife)
    September 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm (11 months ago)

Seriously obsessed with all of these posts! So fun to read Betsy. Thanks for sharing this!

September 12, 2013 at 9:17 pm (11 months ago)

Me too!! I think I might even read them twice… I loved them that much! <3

11. Steph - The Culinary Life
    September 12, 2013 at 9:38 pm (11 months ago)

What a wonderful post! Love this! And thank you for including me in the roundup. :)

12. Julie Evink
    September 12, 2013 at 11:14 pm (11 months ago)

What a wonderful round up and wonderful husband. Thank you to him for defending all of us. Truly from the bottom of my heart. God Bless him and your family!

September 13, 2013 at 9:55 am (11 months ago)

Thank you, Julie! <3

13. Shanna@ pineapple and coconut
    September 13, 2013 at 1:43 am (11 months ago)

Thank you for your husband for serving our country! What a great man you have ( and a good looking one in uniform to boot) I also LOVE that you sign Bob Marley songs to your kiddo at night for bedtime because that is what my husband does. My girls can’t go to sleep without daddy singing ” Three Little Birds” or as my kids call it “Daddy’s don’t worry song”
    Love your post and tribute to your husband!

September 13, 2013 at 9:55 am (11 months ago)

We call our baby Little Bird because of that song!! EVERY night we sign it to him. And… even while Dave is gone, I still sing Little Bird to my Little Bird at bed time! :)

14. Amanda
    September 13, 2013 at 3:34 am (11 months ago)

Your husband is adorable… that smile is swoon worthy! And a BIG thank you to you and your whole family for all the sacrifices you have made. I love that you are all so willing to smile and share joy in the midst of a tough time. Thank you so much!!

September 13, 2013 at 9:54 am (11 months ago)

His dimples are what get me every time he smiles at me!! *swoooon* And… smile is what I have to do to get through it. :) Just keep smiling… just keep smiling!

15. crazyforcrust
    September 13, 2013 at 3:39 am (11 months ago)

This post made me a little teary Betsy. xx :)

September 13, 2013 at 9:53 am (11 months ago)

Me too, Dorothy ;) <3 <3 <3

16. Tanya Schroeder
    September 13, 2013 at 3:57 am (11 months ago)

I commend you and your family for all the sacrifices yo’ve made. Your family is extraordinary and so is your blog!

September 13, 2013 at 9:53 am (11 months ago)

Thank you, Tanya. It’s just the life we’ve chosen. :)

17. Heather @ Sugar Dish Me
    September 13, 2013 at 4:43 pm (11 months ago)

Betsy! Your family photos are so great! I really enjoyed reading this — and not even just the interview — it’s so great to know that I have so many peers with wonderful, awesome, supportive spouses. Thank you so much for sharing & thanks to your whole family for their dedication and service!

September 14, 2013 at 1:48 pm (11 months ago)

Heather – thanks so much for the kind words. It’s really appreciated!! <3

September 14, 2013 at 1:46 pm (11 months ago)

Hugs back, Christi! <3

18. Kimberly @ www.daringgourmet.com
    September 18, 2013 at 6:04 am (11 months ago)

Lovely post, Betsy! God bless you and your little ones and your hubby for his selfless service to our country.

19. Renee
    January 25, 2014 at 4:45 pm (7 months ago)

I just wanted too say this is my first visit too your blog and i’m very impressed….I will be visiting here quit often as I love too bake and your pic’s look so very good…I too would like too THANK your husband for his deployment and also Thank YOU for your sacrafice with him overseas……It’s much appreciated…Your son is so adorbale….Again thank you and your husband and your son for all you guy’s do……Ya’ll are in my prayers..

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on White Chocolate Everything! {Appreciation Post}