Before Christmas, I made peanut butter blossoms. This was a cookie that my Mom never made growing up and I was only introduced to it in middle school at my friends house. Her mom made these and I remember sneaking into the dining room where she would have all the cookies stored and I’d unwrap a plate and eat all the pb blossoms off it. hehehehe I just couldn’t help myself! I’m sure her Mom went a little crazy wondering where all these cookies went!
And now every Christmas, I make these cookies and at least half of what I make ends up in my belly instead of on the plates of goodies I’m sharing with my friends! These cookies are super easy to make and are a classic cookie that’s loved by everyone. This recipe comes directly from the Hershey’s website and I did nothing special to it… cause it’s perfect the way it is!
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
- cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.