Valentine’s Day is just a few short weeks away… and you know what that means? LOTS AND LOTS of delicious baked yummies all colored in pink and red for this holiday full of LOVE!
Actually, it’s just another reason for me to bake. Haha. My hubby and I don’t usually celebrate Valentine’s Day because he’s either been in the field training or deployed to war. This year, he’s home…. but we’re still not celebrating.
Instead, I’ll be making cookies and cupcakes in the weeks leading up to this mushy, pink, lovey dovey holiday!
But seriously, is anyone really going to complain about that? Probably not!
My first cookie is a spin on all the holiday blossom cookies I made during December. Hershey’s has a raspberry filled white and pink hug KISS this season which I thought would go perfectly on top of a blossom cookie! So these cookies are made with my favorite raspberry jam and a super dark chocolate rolled in hot pink sugar crystals and topped with a Hershey’s Raspberry Kiss! nom nom nom nom
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Hugs Blossom Cookies
Makes 3+ dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup raspberry jam (I used Smuckers because it’s my favorite!)
2 cups flour
2 tbsp milk
3.5 oz chopped 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup hot pink sanding sugar
Hershey’s Raspberry Hug Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add the raspberry jam, scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix on medium speed until combined. Add the milk just before flour is completely combined. This will help the flour incorporate into the dough.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold in using a spatula.
- Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough and roll in hot pink sugar crystals. Place on a baking sheet at least 1-2 inches apart. (Note: Don’t roll dough balls any larger than 1 inch or they will spread too much on your cookie sheet!)
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately press a Raspberry Hug into the middle of each cookie. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy!