I’ve been thinking about pink lemonade cupcakes alllllll summer but it hasn’t really seemed warmed enough, until now! Thank you, Washington for finally bringing back the sunshine!
I’m a little jealous that Betsy is already thinking about Fall because I would love to be making pumpkin cookies right now but I can’t really bring myself to it when it’s super sunny and nice outside! I feel weird complaining about the sun-btw.
LOL… anyways, back to the pink lemonade cupcakes! They’re so fun! And pink, and lemony! So fun! If you’re looking for one last hint of summer, make these cupcakes 🙂
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes (Starting to Simmer)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packets Pink Lemonade “On The Go” Crystal Light
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a standing bowl mixer with a paddle attachment, on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, at least 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the milk and Crystal Light packages until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and milk mixture in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour. (Add the red food coloring, as needed) Mix until the batter is smooth, but do not over mix.
- Fill each liner with an ice cream scoop full of batter and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean from the center of a cupcake.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 1 cup (2 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4-5 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream, as needed to achieve desired consistency
- 1 packet Pink Lemonade “On The Go” Crystal Light
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring, as needed to achieve a pretty pink color
- Lemon candy wedges (lemon drops would be a great substitute)
- Cream butter in a standing bowl mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at at time, mixing until smooth.
- Add the Pink lemonade packet, a little at a time. I used about 3/4 of the packet, to get the flavor that I wanted.
- Add the heavy cream as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring, until the buttercream is the “right” shade of pink for you. I wanted it to be a light pink, so I only used 2-3 drops.
- Mix on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, until the buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Pipe with a closed star tip and garnish with lemon candy wedges.
PS. Here’s a peek at the other mini’s from the party 🙂 in order: Banana & Dulce de Leche, Pink Velvet, and Chocolate Chip Pancake.