Full of peanut butter, chocolate, a touch of espresso powder, chocolate chips and m&ms… these cookies are sure to cure any cravings you may have for something divine.
I paired these cookies with my Oatmeal Raisin cookies in goodies bags being sent to Afghanistan. I’m pretty sure the boys are going to love them!!
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp espresso powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup (heaping) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (heaping) M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars and mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix on high until flight and fluffy.
- In three parts, add the flour mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix only until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and m&m’s.
- Using a 1in small ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto lined cookie sheets. Press down with a fork in a cris-cross pattern.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges are firm. Don’t be alarmed if the centers seem soft still.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.