I’ve been on a M&M instead of chocolate chips kick lately. I’ve made so many cookies with them that I think my husband thinks I need to see someone about my obsession or start buying stock in MARS. 🙂
These cookies combine sweet, salty, and chocolaty. Three of my most favorite things. Now, the are a little time consuming when you scoop them because you want to take extra care to make things look just right before baking to produce the perfect cookie. But, other than that, these cookies are a breeze!
Pretzel M&M Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen small cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature and soft
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup M&M’s, separated
1 cup pretzel sticks, broken into pieces, separated
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat another minute or two. Mix in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour to the wet mixture and mix until smooth and combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- By hand, fold in 3/4 cup M&Ms and 3/4 cup of pretzels.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet. Add a couple extra M&M’s and pretzels to the top of the cookie. This will ensure that you will really be able to see them after they bake! It really makes a difference in presentation!
- Bake 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave cookies on the sheet for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat warm with a big glass of milk!