This recipe, well it’s better a few hours after you make it. Seriously, make it, chill it, then eat it. The flavors come together so deliciously… even the sour cream on top ( I normally hate sour cream) I liked with this recipe!
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
recipe from Hostess with the Mostess
1 package of graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 8oz package of Pumpkin Spice cream cheese
1-3/4 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 1oz squares of semisweet bakers chocolate + 1 1oz square for garnish
2 tablespoons butter
1-1/4 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
Garnish: ground nutmeg + chocolate shavings
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in the 1/3 cup melted butter. Press mixture evenly into bottom of the prepared baking pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and the 1-3/4 cups sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt on low speed just until combined. Remove 1-1/4 cups of the mixture.
3. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the 6 ounces chocolate and the 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Whisk chocolate mixture into the 1-1/4 cups pumpkin mixture. Pour over crust, spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Carefully pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over baked chocolate layer, spreading evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes more or until filling is puffed and center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Gently spread over cookies. Cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Cut into bars.* Before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg and/or chocolate curls. Makes 24 to 36 bars.